IACIS® members must demonstrate and maintain the highest standards of ethical conduct.
IACIS® members must:
- Maintain the highest level of objectivity in all forensic examinations and accurately present the facts involved.
- Thoroughly examine and analyze the evidence in a case.
- Conduct examinations based upon established, validated principles.
- Render opinions having a basis that is demonstratively reasonable.
- Not withhold any findings, whether inculpatory or exculpatory, that would cause the facts of a case to be misrepresented or distorted.
- Never misrepresent credentials, education, training, experience or membership status.